Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spring Break, You'll Need It!


It's time for spring break and all I want to do is sit on this couch and watch Hulu. Finals will be brutal and working and going to school is not much fun. Who has a social life? Not me! All I seem to do is work, go to school, study, work some more, study some more and sleep. Eating has become a chore and I don't even know what I am eating anymore except that I have gained 20 lbs in two years of college. I need mom's good home cooked meals again...

I feel wasted all the time. Partying is kept to a minimum, but I can't sleep with all the noise around me at night. Honking horns, people yelling, music on too loud and the intense thoughts in my head at night as I pour through a litany of to-do lists. It's never ending!

The guys next door asked me if I wanted to go rafting last year. I guess. They said it was a cool thing to do. I guess. But, it kinda looks scary. And, I'm kinda not too much of an outdoor person... ya know? But, they said everyone was going, so I signed up since it's something different to do here at the school.

So I went. And, I survived. And, the weird thing is I really enjoyed it. I mean I freaking loved it! Who would have thought? that I could do such a thing? I was scared. I was exhilarated. I was like a little kid jumping off the jungle gym at the playground. Whooopie! More more more, I kept yelling each time the rapids hit me in the face. I know I was silly and giggly and being totally a kook, but I didn't care. Everyone else was silly, too! LOL!

All I know is that I wanna go again... and again... and again. Who wants to go with me? Let's get our friends together and go again! I want MORE! ... and don't be scared; I'll hold your hand.

Tales from the Crypt... this post belongs to WET River Trips blog.
Belushi pic from Google images
WET pic from WET River Trips Flickr

No comments: